Monday, February 7, 2011

Project 2011 - The Year of Living Creatively


I've taken the year off work. A whole year to hang out with the boys and be around for their first year of kinder and Grade 3. The challenge is to keep my mind occupied and improve my basic craft skills while at the same time not spending money. I've been a bit of a bower bird over the last few years - collecting wool, knitting & crochet needles, sewing bits and bobs, fabric, jewellery making doodads - so I reckon I have enough stuff in the house to keep me busy for a while!

I have a few projects on the go - an afghan rug which is going to be very warm - its called Fire and Brimstone. I taught myself to crochet about a month ago and this project has been a fun intro. I am making a few squares every day and I only need another 100 or so before I can join it all together ....

I keep promising myself that I will make pants. Pants for everyone! Green, baggy, comfy pants for those rare yet wonderful pyjama days on school holidays!


I made a hat yesterday which was fiddly but fun. It was a pattern from Pip Lincolne's Book Sew, La, Tea, Do. I had the denim fabric in my stash - I think I bought it from an op shop years ago and the tulip fabric is patchwork fabric from Spotlight. The instructions in the book were very easy to follow and turned out much better than I thought my limited sewing skills would allow. Its all lined and everything.

This is my first blog ever - what fun! I will be coming up with more projects, showing things on the go, things that I've finished, and things that I want to make. I am looking forward to a year of living creatively. Miss G

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Golden Hands' girls, I'm so impressed by the creative energy and ideas, I'd like to contribute to your blog, in the future....when I start a project. Have job apps on the go, my livery to do, a novel to finish and some wonderful websites to share for inspiration. Please join me on the blogspot and I'll share my wonderful online finds. Love this group heaps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one G! You are a blogging guru already!!

    Adriana - I invited you to be an author at your bigpond account. If you want to use another let me know!

    ReplyDelete